Wednesday, October 5, 2011

More Fall Stuff

Here are a couple more fall-ish pictures. Esther got to start ballet class. She LOVES it. I was worried she would follow in the path of her older sister ("I want to but once we get there I'm too scared"), but she jumped right in and has a ball.

A benefit of living near Washington DC? When Erik works in Arlington, he brings these little babies home from Georgetown Cupcake. Ever see the show DC Cupcakes? It's that place.


Speaking of treats, last Sunday I made some pumpkin whoopie pies with cream cheese filling. They were AWESOME.

This week was Erik's 31st birthday. We had the traditional snickers cake...
 

and then took him to get some new running shoes. His old ones were quite trashed, and his marathon is in one month! (He's running so fast that he's blurry. :)

Then we went to dinner and walked around in our old hood, the Reston Town Center. Our kids are perfecting the picture wave. Did you hear we adopted Rudy from the Cosby show? This little girl wanted to be in our picture too.
 What up yo.

Sisters.

I made the girls some lightweight jackets out of sweatshirt material. Have you seen that stuff? I happened across it at Joanns the other day and I had to make something with it. I know what you are thinking - this woman is a sewing machine! Usually I don't sew this much. It just so happens these last two projects were really close together. This was my first attempt at making something up without a pattern to use. Not too shabby!

 Eden loves to make funny faces.
 And I finally made some of these super cute crayon rolls. They've been on my to-do list forever. I love them.


That's all for now!

2 comments:

  1. 1. Sadly, I was more like Eliza with ballet. So naturally ballet did not last very long for me..glad Esther likes it!
    2. I want some more DC Cupcakes!
    3. Your pumpkin whoopie pies look AMAZING. I want to taste them!
    4. Wow, what cool shoe store are you at that lets you test out the shoes on a treadmill? I am going there next time I need shoes. Must be an ACTUAL running shoe store?
    5. HAHAHAHA! The waving picture is hilarious in two ways: that they are perfecting your and Erik's picture wave and that Rudy jumped in your picture. I love Eden's wave in it too.
    6. I would like a framed picture of Eden's "What up yo" for Christmas.
    7. Ok, you and all your creations that you sew and stuff are incredible. You are my hero. I will buy some crayon rolls from you one day and I want you to make me a sweater jacket too!
    8. Dang, Erik is getting ooooold! I want a bite of that Snickers cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those jackets are adorable! You better start sewing because we all want one! You have become quite the crafter. Love all your stuff! The children are cute, so is Rudy. Can't wait to come in November!

    ReplyDelete