Monday, October 24, 2011

Pumpkin Patch Adventure

Although we really liked the pumpkin patch we went to last year, we decided to try a new one this year - one that is actually out on a farm. My friend Michelle invited us girls out to a farm in Round Hill, VA this week and we had a total blast. It's amazing to me that when you drive just a bit further out from DC, you get into this rural rolling-hills countryside that is just beautiful. If the commute weren't so bad, we would definitely move out that way.

When we first got to the farm, it started to rain. Boo. We were worried our adventure might end quicker than it started, but luckily it was just a little shower.


The first thing we had to do was feed the horses. When you first walk into the farm, there is a lady selling crushed corn to feed to all of the animals. All of my kids said they didn't want to do it. But feeling foolishly optimistic, I bought a cup anyway. I didn't have very high hopes, but as you can see, it turned out to be a lot of fun! Eliza had a great time feeding the little ponies.

Eden tried it too. There was no way I could get far enough away to take a real picture while holding open those chubby little fingers, so this was the best I could do.


 Me: Stand by the pony and smile at me.

Out of about five takes, this was the best I got.

No one wanted to feed the baby cow because  he had a long creepy tongue. Eden liked to moo at him.

But the baby goats were oh-so-cute. Everyone wanted to feed them. Except Esther. She was content just to hang back and take it all in.


What farm adventure would be complete without a stick-your-face-in thingy? There were about ten different holes, but all the kids wanted to be the dog. Here is Eliza and her friend Jane trying to be the dog together.



Lots of fun little rides...

Including a huge double-barrel slide. Yep, that is Eliza going up with my friend Tiffany. I can't believe she did it! She must be growing up.

Remember this picture from last year?

I tried to recreate it - and after several tries, this was best I could get. I think it was harder to get everyone to smile at me this time than it was when they were smaller!


Our whole crew of kids! There were actually two more little babies with us too...

The last thing we did before we left was take a tractor ride out to the pumpkin patch. This was a favorite activity!

Here are some of those rolling hills I was mentioning earlier. It's hard to tell my picture, but all the colors are changing and the trees are so, so pretty.

Pumpkin patch spotted!

Where? I can't see it!

The quest for the perfect pumpkin begins...

Eden found lots that she liked.


Back to the farm. What a fun, fun day!

1 comment:

  1. I want to go! All of those pics are so so so cute, and I love the girls' jackets. I love those little scooter things, I forgot about those! I love Eden in the this year's comparison picture.

    ReplyDelete