Sunday, April 3, 2011

Eden turns One!

About a month ago. I've just had a hard time finding time to post about it. Eden had a Mickey Mouse birthday. She LOVES Mickey. I was excited to do a birthday party that was not princess-related.

 Of course, Eliza and Esther woke up way before Eden, and were so excited when she finally came down. Here they are watching her come down the stairs.

 Like every other 1-year-old, she wasn't too sure what to think. I didn't wrap a whole lot of the presents, but what I did wrap, Eliza and Esther were happy to help out with. I tried to recreate the Mickey Mouse rice crispy treats that we had at Disney World. They didn't turn out too bad!


 We were very lucky to have Nana here to help us celebrate.
 By and large, I think Eden's favorite part of the day was the balloons.
 Here is Eden's Mickey cake, along with the Mickey cupcakes that the rest of us had. Britt had sent me this sign as a present coincidentally, but it matched so well with the theme!

 Eden dove right into her cake, more than her sisters did on their first birthdays. I think she loved her cake. It was a really fun day!

 Finally, here is the reason we have been so busy. This little bundle of trouble came to our family about two months ago and has caused nothing but chaos. Which I don't see changing any time soon. Sigh. Meet Pearl. She already weighs 46 lbs and is only 18 weeks old. Pray for us.

8 comments:

  1. Holy cow, she is 1?! And a month ago too - I am the worst auntie ever and didn't know it was her birthday (I suck at writing these things on a calendar, and then learn after the fact reading it on blogs). I will now put on the cone of shame.

    SUPER cute birthday theme and treats! I need you to help me throw Eric a cool birthday bash. I still can't get over how cute your girls are.

    WHAT THE! You got a dog?! Pearl is adorable. I want to come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my Goodness that is Awesome!! I love the name Pearl. Good luck =) Grisz is still full of craziness and he is now almost 9 months old!

    Super Cute Birthday party. I love the sign that Brit sent. Disney just is the best place on earth =) So magical.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! She's a big girl now:) Way to go on the cute b-day decorations and adorable treats too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, great post! I like how Eliza and Esther were excited and went down to help before the birhtday girl came down. Who does better birthday treats than Amy? Grammie's birthday is only 3 days after Eliza's I think, (hint hint on lots of birthday treats in June!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU GOT A DOG!!!!! Way to go! I am way to scared to do that... how is it going?? Harder then a baby or what?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Eden... you are so cute! I've been waiting for this post to see the awesome Mickey party. I love the cake and cupcakes! Even more awesome than I was anticipating. Why oh why don't we live closer? The fun we could have!! Happy, happy birthday Eden!

    Pearl is oh so darling. We want a puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ANOTHER dog!??! I wish i went to edens birhtday. I want to relive those mickey snacks again

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy birthday eden! awesome job on the cakes.

    ReplyDelete