Next up - Wyoming. After a week in Colorado we drove the eight hours up to Burlington, WY to see Grandma and Grandpa Gormley. I knew Burlington would be a big hit because of the big yard and awesome cars to drive. Indeed it was. Here come a looottt of pictures.
Of course we were able to find a store with princess cowboy hats. Eliza and Esther had a lot of fun trying them all on.

At first everyone was terrified of the four-wheeler, but after about ten minutes it was a big hit. Steering was tricky.
About to go on our first ride in the dune buggy. I needed Grandpa to back it out for me...
Which made Esther nervous. Haha.
All happy again.
We loved looking at the cows. And doing princess poses by the cows.
Eden loves to ride in doll strollers.
Eliza was the only one whose legs actually reached the pedals on this little tractor, so Teets did a lot of pushing. She was a good sport.
Down by the creek.
We hooked up the sprinkler one day and everyone had fun running as close as they could to it.
There's that happy tongue.
Eden preferred to play with the ball.
Esther and Grandma read lots of stories together.
After church everyone had to twirl in their dresses. Nice twirling Teets.
Grandma trying to teach Eden how to make herself go. It never quite caught on.
Our last day we lit off some fireworks. Yep, in the day again. You don't quite get the same effect as in the dark but when it doesn't get dark until 9:30 - well, the kids just don't make it that long. It was still a lot of fun!
Needless to say, everyone slept reallly good in Wyoming.
We had the best time in Wyoming. Next time we'll try fishing and a horse back ride or two.
P.S. I forgot to include this little gem on my last Colorado post. When we were in Estes Park we got an old-fashioned portrait. It was too funny not to share.












Love all the photos Amy, I am so impressed that you drove all that way just you and the girls! They are too cute!
ReplyDeleteSarah
I think I definitely need to join you there next time. All those toys look like way too much fun! I love the pic of Esther scared for her life on the dune buggy, and that old fashioned pic is fabulous. I love Eden's face in it and her toe sticking out! Eliza looks like a pro 4 wheeler!
ReplyDeleteDon't judge me, I have the cowboy hat Eliza put on. Also, the last picture is dang hilarious.
ReplyDelete