Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Colorado

After three days of driving, we finally made it to Colorado. The three girls did totally awesome in the car. We watched a lot of movies, played the iPad, and ate lots of snacks. Our first adventure in Colorado was Estes Park. Eliza loooveed the Rainbow Slide.


 I think that Eden liked it too, But her face was expression-less the entire time.

Esther went once and giggled, but she was happier riding the pretend horse.

Once all the ride coupons were gone, Eliza conned Papa Wayne into taking her one more time. Good thing she's so cute.

We went into town to get some treats and walk around.

Some of my relatives were in town from Nebraska so we had a mini-family reunion of sorts. When we all get together we do a lot of relaxing. It's the bessst.




 Eliza and her new best friend Colin. He taught her how to play the Wii and climb on bunkbeds.

Looking good Dorothy!


The next day we went into town. Eliza and Esther saw someone with their face painted and so we HAD to track it down. They are huge fans.

 After Estes Park we did lots of swimming at the pool by Nana's house.

We had a really fun fourth of July. We did some grilling....

 more swimming in the pool Nana bought...

And some firework watching.


We also took a trip to the Denver Aquarium. I loved to take the girls when we lived there. It's a really fun place. They had a free bounce house. I think that was a bigger hit than the fishies.




A new addition to the Aquarium was the mermaid show. It was a little strange.

Can you see TeeTee and Esther in the bubble?

 Eliza and Esther loved playing dress-up at Nana's. She even got out her veil and "mittens" from her wedding.


Colorado was so much fun. Every day Esther talks about wanting to go back. Next up - Wyoming.

2 comments:

  1. I still can't believe you took that crazy long road trip! You're my hero. That is super funny Eden has absolutely no expression going down that slide as if she does that stuff every day. And I loooove that first pic of her sitting in the pink chair - so cute. Mermaid show = awkward/hesitant laugh and question mark at the end. Interesting. Those girls always have the cutest faces in every picture! Can't wait to see the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Rachel - I just noticed in that pic going down the slide with Eden I have total fart-sniffer face. Go back and check it out!

    ReplyDelete