Eliza dear!
I've come to terms with the fact that not every fun event will be posted on our blog, as much as I would like it to. So, rather than play catch up with all the great things that have happened in the last couple of months (such as Eden's blessing, G-pa's visit, Grammie and Papa's visit, Nana's visit, Teets visit, Lenny's visit, and Teet's wedding) I am going to start with the fun event that happened this week. Yep, our little girl turned three! The little girl that we hoped and prayed would join our family for so long has now been with us for three years. I can't believe it. She is getting so grown up.

Of course, we had to have a party. This little girl got completely spoiled. Of course, there were princess presents.

Followed by more princess presents. (That baby doll is Giselle from Enchanted. Eliza LOVES Enchanted and she LOVES Giselle. It's not so easy to find Giselle stuff anymore now that the movie isn't new. Thank goodness for ebay).

But the best present EVER was her brand new bike. Daddy took her outside and started teaching her to ride it. She did really well and is already pedaling and steering by herself!

Of course, the most important part of the birthday is the cake. Eliza LOVES Princess and the Frog, but mostly Princess Tiana. She has been asking for this cake for months (and that's not an exaggeration!)

Everything had to be Princess Tiana - the balloons, the plates, the napkins, etc. It was the best birthday EVER! And yep, I made the Tiana cake! I was actually quite proud of myself. But before you start thinking I'm quite the talent and cake decorating, check out my scary frog.

Ay-yi-yi. I was too ambitious and my frosting didn't quite turn out the right consistency so he was a little funky looking. But he tasted great just the same!

To round out the celebration, we had to go to Chuck E. Cheese. After getting over the trauma of getting stamped on our wrists as we came in everybody did ok. (Apparently getting stamped is so, so scary). The girls loved the carousel. And around here, when we love something, we must scream. At the top of our lungs.
Eliza screaming.

Esther screaming.

Even Eden rode the carousel. She doesn't scream yet, but I have no doubt that she'll catch on quickly.

All in all it was a fun day. We were so glad that Aunt Teets was able to fly out and share it with us.
Here are a couple random pictures of the girls as well, since Eliza dominated most of the birthday ones!!





Cute Cute Cute! I just had to laugh at the carousel picture with those girls screaming. I can hear them screaming in my mind from watching the teacups disney video. Eliza is a lucky girl to have not just one cute cake but two! Eden is getting so big. The pictures of her are ADORABLE! I wish we were there!
ReplyDeleteWow, can I come there for my birthday?! And yes, I would totally still love going to Chuck E Cheese. And I wouldn't cry getting the stamp on my hand, unless of course the person giving it was scary. Your cake skills are amazing. Even the frog! My cake skills consist of taking Eric out to a cake bakery - cake turns out great every time! I almost had a bawling moment thinking how sad it is that I really barely know your girls. Seriously, why don't we ever see you guys?
ReplyDeleteI agree with Rachie, who are those girls? They are so big!!
ReplyDeleteAre Eden's ears pierced or are those fancy sparkles stickers?
Fancy sparkles stickers! We have them on our ears, our clothes, our furniture, the carpet.......and on Eden too.
ReplyDeleteAnd I totally agree. Living across the country sucks. We have never even met Brecken! Come visit us everybodeeee!!!
ReplyDeleteWowzer. You guys make some CUTE babies. 3 years old is still a baby, right? Sigh... not so much I guess. These babies are getting BIG!
ReplyDeleteI like the last picture the best. Those two are twins! So stinking cute. And I love, love, love your cake.
And Ester!! We've never even met!! I hope we do soon!!
**that should say EDEN. We've never met EDEN. (I'm pregnant so I get a free pass, right??)
ReplyDelete