Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Williamsburg Ghost Tour

Still no battery, but I do have one more adventure from the pictures on my mom's camera. Our first night in Williamsburg we decided to take the ghost tour. We researched it a little online first, and decided it would be kind of cool.
 

Our tour started out at William and Mary. It's the second oldest university in the country. Can you name the first? (I couldn't - but Erik did). There were a few spooky stories about the older buildings built in the 1700s. Still, everyone was feeling pretty confident. It was still light out.



But as soon as it started to get dark.....

OK, now from this point on, I need to tell you a little about "orbs." At the beginning of the tour, the guide told us to take a lot of pictures because there were "energies" that couldn't be seen with the naked eye. These energies are "orbs." There's a lot of hoopla going around about this stuff. Some people say it's paranormal - others say that it's just lens imperfections or the flash reflecting off of things like pollen. I don't believe in ghosts. BUT...All I know is that there were places with the "orbs," and there were places without the "orbs." You can decide for yourself. It doesn't look like pollen to me.

Considered the most "haunted house" in the tour. Several people died or committed suicide here, all in the same room.
 Church steeple.
 The cemetery next to the church.
 I had to take a picture of my Grandma because she was whining the whole time about how orbs aren't real. She has quite a few floating around her.

Sorry about the quality of the pictures - I am definitely not a great "nighttime" photographer. The tour was totally fun, but definitely not too scary. There were some interesting historical stories, but I never felt nervous or spooked. If you're interested in reading more about the tour and sightings, click here. It's pretty fascinating - lots of others have posted their pictures of the tour.

P.S. The oldest school in the country is Harvard (in case you are like me and didn't know).

No comments:

Post a Comment