Halloween was pretty good to us this year. My mom came out to visit again (this is her sixth visit since we've moved here - seriously - thanks mom!) and Greg and Britt came up to see us too. We had the pretty typical activities - first, we went to the church "trunk or treat." Here we are all dressed up and ready to go. Can you guess what everyone is? Eliza and Esther thought that I really was Mary Poppins. Eliza called me Mary Poppins all night and thought I was so awesome. She also did everything I asked the first time I asked her. Maybe all it takes is a Mary Poppins costume every day. That and a really bad british accent.
Erik and Eden at the trunk or treat.
Erik and Eden at the trunk or treat.

Nana and the girls at the trunk or treat. We didn't make Nana wear her costume to church. Read on to see why.
The next day we carved our pumpkin. I was smart and only got one this year, because it always goes down the same way: everyone is interested at first, and then I am left by myself to carve. Here is Erik doing his part - cutting off the top. Pumpkin guts give him the heebie jeebies so he never wants to participate past this point.

Eliza got into it for a while, even scraping out some guts. About three minutes later, I was all alone. I wish Erik had gotten a picture of that.
So, Eliza was in charge of picking out everyone's costumes this year. Britt was assigned to be a ghost, so she went old-school Charlie Brown style with the white sheet.

Poor Nana had to be Mama Odie (from Princess and the Frog). I have to say, she did a dang good job with her costume. What a good sport.


Here's the crew heading out trick or treating. We were quite a sight to see - a soldier, a terrorist, and Mama Odie.
Happy Halloween everyone! Hope yours was as fun as ours!
(Thanks again for coming Mom, Teets, and Lenny).
I love it!! Your entire family looks so great.. and I miss your mom :)
ReplyDeleteI want to see a full length photo of Mary Poppins! And is there a recording of that proper English? Wish we could have been there! I see Harrison has another version of Woody to compare notes with. I was in charge of pumpkin carving at the Donohues and they were a little different - way interested in the "Guts" - they could have spent hours getting every seed and string out of there (namely miss Taryn). Maybe Aimee will post a picture of our fine efforts.
ReplyDeleteI too would love to see a video of you as Mary Poppins, mostly for the British accent. Also, because I know I'd probably hear Erik in the background doing his British accent that sounds like Monty Python. Honestly though, all your costumes are seriously the rocks. You make a practically perfect Mary Poppins. That Mama Odie costume is awesome. Erik as Woody reminds me of the video of him when Leslie was going to the Prom...classic.
ReplyDeleteYou guys totally rocked your Costumes. You make an EXCELLENT Mary Poppins, very very cool.
ReplyDeleteHalloween costumes at the Greenberg house are AWESOME. (thanks again for helping us be awesome on Halloween at our house this year...)
ReplyDeleteI think Eliza and Esther look even more alike with Eliza's new do. Both super cute!
Rachel you just said EXACTLY what I was going to comment! Good thing i read her comment before i posted. All I could think of when in Erik's Woody pics is when he was a Cowboy for Leslie's Prom. Can Mary Poppins come to Disney World with us? I'd like to see this!
ReplyDelete